Vision, Revelation
It's funny how sometimes God makes us remember what He spoke to us. I remembered sometime back, i attended one particular Combined cell group meeting. After Cliff finished preaching the word, he lead us into a time of ministry. I remember it was a practice about stepping out in faith. It was during that time he prophesied to me that God is going to raise me up to do great things for Him. Looking back at the time that passed, i realised that God has brought me so far.
I grew up in ST. Andrew's School (Primary and Secondary), an anglican school. At that time, i didn't know anything about God or Jesus. I even responded to an altar call that i didn't even know what was it about. It was only in Secondary 2 then things started to be different. As i was on my way home from school, my then-primary school vice-principle caught up with me and talked to me about the bible and who Jesus really is. That was when i really gave my heart to Jesus, and thus born the desire to serve Him wholeheartedly. After my vice-principle lead me into the Sinner's Prayer, he said:"Do you know why i talked to you about Jesus? It's because God, at that particular time, told me to talk to you and bring you into his kingdom." At that time, i didn't thought much about it. Now come to think of it, God really loved me and had planned a great destiny for me. I couldn't go and attend a church because my parents objected to it, it was only in poly year 2 then i could go to church. I've to say that it was only through church service, cell group meetings and discipleship, i was moulded to be more christ-like.
Looking back at my history, i'm really glad that i was brought back into the kingdom of God. if it wasn't this way, i can't even visualize what i would be right now. I might even end up dead, leaving behind brokenhearts, unrealised visions and dreams and, most importantly, what God has planned for my life and the destiny that was to unfold in front of my very eyes. Thank you Jesus. God has stood by me and saw me through both good and bad times, He truely is faithful. The Verse below is really what has kept me going.
Isaiah 55:8-9 (NKJV)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts."
Some problems that we faced were meant to strengthen us, not destroy us. We just need to look at things the God-perspective. To futher add-on,
Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Just by this alone, i know i just simply need to rely on the Holy Spirit and Follow where He prompts me to. This is what God wants us to do. God, i'm wholeheartedly willing to do your will. Let your Will be done, On earth as it is in Heaven.Labels: Visions and Revelations